The World Media Awards have been established to demonstrate the effectiveness of cross platform, cross border, content-driven advertising. Organised by the World Media Group, with an independent Jury including international advertisers, agency experts and editorial specialists, the Awards celebrate bold and creative strategies for engaging with international, influential audiences.
Why enter the World Media Awards?
- Demonstrate your capability to deliver great ideas for advertisers with multinational budgets and a desire to stand out from the crowd
- Celebrate your best work in front of an audience of international advertisers at the World Media Awards Reception and post event, with winning case studies published by M&M Global and in the World Media Awards showcase on the World Media Group website
- See your work celebrated in an advertising campaign valued at €500K, reaching international influencers, through winners’ announcements published by the World Media Group’s leading international media brands
For the 2017 World Media Awards, we invite entries from advertisers and agencies across nine categories, celebrating client communication strategies in specific industry sectors, including: financial services; travel and tourism; foreign direct investment and economic development; technology and telecoms; lifestyle and luxury; automotive; corporate, utility and energy branding;plus a new category for the entertainment and media sector. Please read the HOW TO ENTER directions carefully to ensure that your entry meets all requirements.
See the full list of categories here.
Celebrating the World Media Awards 2017
The winners of the Awards will be announced at the World Media Awards Reception at the Ham Yard Hotel in London on Thursday 6th April 2017. All shortlisted entrants will receive two tickets to join the celebration as guests of the World Media Group, and additional tickets will be available.
All shortlisted and winning entries will be included in the World Media Awards Showcase, produced and distributed digitally, it will be sent to international advertisers and appear on the World Media Awards and M&M Global websites.
Winning entries will be highlighted in advertising placed within World Media Group brands after the event , in a campaign valued at €500K with full credits for all advertisers and agencies.
THE WINNING CRITERIA
International – As the name suggests, the World Media Awards are designed to benchmark the best in international advertising and communication strategies. To qualify for entry, your brand strategy must have targeted audiences in multiple countries – whether regional, pan regional or global, we are looking for campaigns with a truly international reach.
Content driven – Our independent Jury will be looking for campaigns which demonstrate an understanding of the power of great content. Brand campaigns which aim to create debate, provide useful information, share inspiring ideas, engage with specific communities or otherwise get people talking will be the most successful.
Engagement – The World Media Awards are also looking for a depth and breadth of engagement – for brands which engage across multiple platforms and demonstrate an understanding of the real potential of each. Our Jury are hoping to see innovative ways of weaving your story through multiple touchpoints – although a great story told well through one medium will still be eligible
Effective Partnerships – Whilst creativity and innovation are desirable, the proof of effectiveness is essential. The purpose of the World Media Awards is to showcase the contribution that collaboration with leading media brands can make to the growth of your own or, if you are an agency, your client’s business. Our Jury will be looking for evidence of results which meet the stated objectives of the strategy or campaign.
Entries are invited in the following categories:
- The winner in this category could be a corporate brand strategy for a financial services business, or a strategy designed to promote specific financial services products and solutions to an international audience
The winner in this category will demonstrate the power of storytelling and the opportunity to convey the attraction of a destination or travel experience – entries are invited from tourism promotion boards, destinations, hotels, airlines and other tourism related businesses or transport
This category is designed to recognise effective best practice in targeting the difficult to reach investor and business audience, to promote investment and trade for a city, region or nation
- For campaigns targeting governments, business customers, early adopters or even the tech-averse, this category sets out to recognise the effective communication of complex products, new technology advances, essential infrastructure and the brands behind the technology driving the digital revolution
- A category for those marketing lifestyle and luxury brands to the most discerning international customers and high net worth individuals – telling stories to drive aspiration and desire for fashion, jewellery, watches, property or other lifestyle and luxury experiences and products.
For the campaigns behind international automotive brands, whether launching a new product or engaging with influencers to promote your corporate approach to an issues agenda.
A category that recognises the value in promoting the corporate brand to an international audience of government and business leaders, investors and influencers. Whether building the reputation for the corporate brand behind the products in any of the above market sectors, or for other market sectors not included in this list, for example: pharma, energy, property, transport, infrastructure, manufacturing, retail, business services or consulting.
The Jury Award – the Grand Prix winner will be selected by the Jury from the winners of the other categories
The judging process for the World Media Awards will have two phases – an online shortlisting process, followed by a meeting of our Jury to select the winner in each category and to nominate their Grand Prix winner. You will not be invited to prepare any further materials following shortlisting – it’s all about your first submission!
The World Media Awards reception will be hosted at the Ham Yard Hotel in London.
In the midst of Soho and moments from Mayfair, Ham Yard Hotel has an urban village feel. The hotel revolves around a tree-filled garden with a bronze sculpture centrepiece by Tony Cragg. Interiors are designed by Kit Kemp in her award-winning modern British style.
World Media Group is a strategic alliance of the world’s leading media brands who are committed to promoting award winning journalism and the role of international media.
The World Media Awards are organised by World Media Group and managed by No-4 Media & Events.
- Clare Dewhirst
No-4 Media & Events
T: +44 (0) 7455 232830
- Belinda Barker
World Media Group
T: +44 (0) 7762 269261